Green Mountain Energy Company provides renewable energy certificates (RECs) and carbon offsets to businesses and organizations looking for accurate, cost-effective ways to calculate and reduce their impact on the environment. Whether your goal is to improve your environmental position and market your commitment to customers and stakeholders, reduce carbon emissions, or earn Green Power Points for LEED® certification, Green Mountain has the solution to meet your needs – and your bottom line.
What is a REC?
A REC represents the environmental attributes (e.g., avoided emissions) of 1 megawatt-hour (1 MWh) of renewable energy. RECs can be sold separately from the actual electricity produced by a wind farm or other renewable energy facility, enabling you to offset your project’s electricity use regardless of proximity to a renewable energy resource. When you purchase a REC, you ensure that 1 MWh of renewable energy is being put onto the grid on your behalf.
What is a Carbon Offset?
A carbon offset represents 1 metric ton (about 2,200 pounds) of greenhouse gas emissions reduced or avoided from projects such as methane capture at landfills or reforestation. Offsets can be used to help balance out your project’s carbon footprint, allowing you to have a smaller net impact on climate change.
Green Mountain provides custom solutions for our clients’ sustainability goals:
- Renewable energy certificate (REC) and carbon offset procurement – high quality projects, industry leading certifications, 3rd party audits
- Custom carbon footprint calculations and management solutions
- Events services – calculate and reduce environmental impacts for special or corporate events
- Public relations, consulting and marketing assistance
- Cross-promotional opportunities with Green Mountain’s customer base
We can help you:
- Promote environmental commitment to stakeholders
- Earn LEED Green Power points
- Meet internal sustainability goals
- Earn EPA Green Power Partnership membership
- Increase the Triple Bottom Line (People, Planet, Profit)
We offer clients a diversified portfolio of high quality, third-party certified RECs and carbon offsets. Green Mountain supports projects with industry-leading certification standards to ensure environmental integrity and transparency. These high quality products, combined with over a decade of experience in cleaner energy, mean that you can be confident in reducing your environmental impact with Green Mountain.
Ready to get started?